Monday, September 03, 2007


I am packing (again...) and dilly-dallying (again!). These are the books, some of which have been weeded through about five times, now, in five different moves, that have made the final Boston cut:

Laurel's Kitchen (vegetarian and whole foods cookbook)
The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran
Life Prayers
Earth Prayers
Looking for Alaska, Peter Jenkins (a recent gift-- for when I need an AK fix)
A New Earth and Stillness Speaks, Eckhart Tolle
A Well-Tempered Mind, Peter Perret and Janet Fox (part of the inspiration for this coming year's masters program)
The Genius of Play, Sally Jenkinson (a Waldorf book lent by my sister Beth)
The Essential Rumi
100 Graces (a tiny collection of formal and not-so-formal poems and prayers)
Return of the Great Goddess (includes my favorite poem, Epiphany, by Pem Kremer)
The Lonely Planet Guide to Boston

I'm also taking a good deal of stationary and letter-writing supplies, pictures of family and friends, my bike (shipping that up!), my guitar, laptop and printer, assorted journals (the ones I write songs in, my thanks journal and the one that holds quotes and other pieces of inspiration), clothing and school stuff. That's it! Oh yeah-- also a collection of jellies and jams that I was somehow lucky enough to acquire: AK wild blueberry jam, OK apricot jam, KY cherry preserves and grape jelly from my grandparents' grape vines.

2 comments:

Madeleine Gillespie said...

I love reading your blog. I hope everything is going well. I also dont have your email address!?!
Best of Luck, Maddy

annie said...

that's all the books you're taking? i take more on a week's vacation.